[standing outside Ana’s bakery, Harold starts
to lose it]
Kay Eiffel: Harold suddenly found himself
beleaguered and exasperated, standing
outside the bakery…
Harold Crick: [screaming upwards] Shut up!
Kay Eiffel: … cursing the heavens in futility.
Harold Crick: [continuing screaming] No I’m
not! I’m cursing you, you stupid voice! So shut
up and leave me alone!
- Stranger Than Fiction, 2006
by falsehoods,
heretics unknown…,
your smile and the way
you left your clothes
on that stained floor,
radiant sun in the forest
of our dreams…,
silent shout,
a whisper, a memory,
stagnant and posthumous,
the way you eat me
with your eyes,
thrice I land,
once from Heaven,
second time from Hades,
third as a bird…,
Herakleitos can be my name,
just to see you change,
change, change, change,
a violent burst of wind,
when I come…,
Panta rhei,
my dear friend,
or are you torn…,
my Jekyll and Mr. Hyde,
before oneness,
and the strange sensations,
that guide us through,
my dear friend,
ooh how gallantly
it sounds…,
when you howl
against the big bright
Moon - your name,
whispered by my lips,
spot on!…, I say,
then to the land
of misbehavin,
and gold, silver, bronze
statues in the alcoves,
fingers made of marble…,
a touch, the touch
of some fiend,
thats how it gets done,
by the river
and some wild berries…,
my friend, my dear, dear friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment